December 21, 2008

War of the Roses

Are your neighbours nosy?
Believe me when I say that I do not want to fall into that category
but,
I think I am...(!!??!!)

Let me tell you a bit of my neighbourhood..
I live in the suburb with a healthy environment,
pleasant,
everyone smiles at each other,
children playing at the playground freely..
you cannot help but feel safe.
No doubt there are a few setbacks here & there like the time where my house got raided by thieves.. aside from that, its a beautiful place to live in..

My story is about a neighbour of mine..

One door down, is a married couple. They have a son and according to reliable sources, the son lives with the wife's parents in another state. Both husband (Joe) and wife are workaholics. They go to work very early in the morning and return home after dark. Often I think, they would have breakfast together before going off on their separate ways..I have seen this ritual ever since I moved in early this year..

They look content with this arrangement and seemed like a happy couple. Mind you, I am not a nosy neighbour is just that ever since my house was broken into a few months back, I became more aware of my surroundings and neighbours.

This past months, I have noticed that I have seen less and less of them. The wife would return home circa 8pm and Joe will follow suit but lately, they would return home very late circa 10pm-11pm. Sometimes only Joe comes home or just the wife. At first,I didn't really took notice because them being workaholics, its nothing new that they would spend the nite at the office to finish up their work.. Usually one day of the week they would be home, which is the weekends but now, there's no one home even on a Sunday.

And today, my husband pointed out an interesting observation..he says that our neighbour would return home at different times as not to meet each other.

And here I am thinking that I was nosy!!!.. I think is because he missus his smoking buddy at night!!..(Joe and my husband would accompany each other smoking cigarette outside at the porch..) That was why he noticed the change in my neighbour's schedule..

His conclusion was that, they, my neighbours are having a fight.. Maybe one was cheating and the other found out of the affair..
I think, because the affair was out in the open, bitter & angry words were exchanged and one left home.. They couldn't get a divorce (yet) because they may still have feelings for each other and furthermore, they have a child who is living far away to think off...

I missed my neighbour.. she's my only "friend" here...

Moral of the story..If you want to have an affair, try not to get caught!! It would be so messy later on!!...

No comments: