December 27, 2008

Mirror mirror on the Wall..

My father turns 70 today (Dec 26th)..
I can't believe it!!
I don't believe it!!

The big 7-0!!

Never in my wildest dream that I get to see my father become 70 years old!!
Never in my wildest dream that I get to see Anyone to be 70 years old and still strong!!

Maybe deep inside, when it comes to parents, we are still very much a child. We say to them that we want to grow up and expect them to treat us as equals but somehow I think, deep down inside we still want them to treat us like when we were a child. Hold us, tell us that they love us..

Yes, we do get irritated sometimes when they ask if we've eaten or when they tell us that we acted badly but honestly, even after each phone call that they make, secretly, we feel somehow proud, satisfied and loved..and not to mention a massive headache!!!

And You know why?

Purely selfish reasons actually!!
We feel loved (secretly) because our parents still loves us no matter what crap we gave them!!
I know I do!!..

For me, time stood still when it comes to my parents.
For me, my mother's age does not go beyond 50 and my father will always be 63...
I always believed that they will not age.. that they will stop growing old after that age limit. hahaa!! ridiculous, huh!??

I wonder how my father was this morning?..
Waking up very early for his morning prayers..
thanking god that he is still alive for another day..
Looking at the mirror and staring at the lines of years on his face..
So many memories..happy, sad
People he lost over the years.. so many of them..
The years that has passed by..
It must have been really sad to look over the years and losing so many loved ones...
I wonder if he has any regrets?
Is there anything that he would like to change if he were given that chance?..

Now, wouldn't that be a prefect gift for that 70 year old man, huh?..
The gift of time... to go back in time and change any part of his life...

How I wish I could give him that...
hummm

..Sayonara

p/s... merry christmas for those celebrating and a happy new year..
especially to you Annie Temple, you rock!!!...

No comments: