November 30, 2008

Blending in and Accepting the Truth

It seems that there is still hope for me to
blend in with society..

A while ago we had dinner outside, they were showing the sports channel. There was a match going on, Badminton somewhere in Hong Kong (I think!!??) I actually enjoyed the game. It has been awhile. Did you know that I like to watch sports?

Yes. I enjoy sports especially football (aka soccer), tennis and rugby (for obvious reasons, heheee!!). But I must say, football is still the best!!.. Be it the World Cup, EPL, Bundesliga I used to enjoy them..passionately.

I actually felt connected with everyone at the restaurant.
It is as if I belong there..
as if I am part of society...it was so satisfying!!..

The last time I felt like this was during the last World Cup in 2006.. It was THE most satisfying feeling I've ever felt!!
The suspense
The thrill
The frustration
The tears and blood
are the Soul of the Game

Ahh!!... especially during the Penalty Shoot-out!! I Really hate it when a team has to go through with the Penalty Shoot-out... don't you just hate it!!

Anyway, I was at my parents place yesterday (for my weekly ritual visits...). I have been wanting to do it for awhile and alas, I braved myself to go on the weighing scale.

Yes people!!
I have gained weight..(bohoo!!...)
I wasn't surprised at all!! Wonder why?!!??hhmmm
I think the main reason is that I have stopped feeling sorry for myself and beginning to embrace life with more maturity and forgiving (for myself and my ego anyway..).
I have a feeling that in some cruel way, the song (Stand in the Rain) made me see myself more clearly without judgment or prejudice.

Is this how I actually am?
Crying myself to sleep?
Suffering alone?

I'm beginning to understand now why I've been so tired all these years...

No comments: