August 31, 2007



It’s Friday, 31st August 2007
MERDEKA MERDEKA MERDEKA

Today we celebrate our Independence Day!!!; taken from the movie Independence Day.

What does Independence Day mean to you?... Our forefathers, they understood the true meaning & the struggle for our Independence. They suffered a lot. Honestly, we would never really understand the pain that they had gone through. I’m being very patriotic today, sorry… but please bare with me.. for a few more minutes….

So, what does Independence Day mean to you?
I had this question ringing in my head the whole day today, scary actually!!. Today I started the day with watching the parade on the telly. It used to be fun watching the parade. but not anymore. Maybe it’s because I did not watch the parade with the old man aka my father… It was fun watching with him. When I was younger, I would wake up early just to watch it with him. I love the way he comments the costume, uniform that those people wore during the parade. He had such colorful comments!!! He would tell us stories of the moment when he had to hide from the bad people… I missed those moments. As I always say, Nothing is Too Trivial…

Many of us can never really answer this question. I don’t blame you. So, let us
re-construct the question..shall we?

What does FREEDOM mean to you?
What’s it worth?
What would you do to get your Freedom?
What would you sacrifice to preserve the Freedom that you have fought so hard so that your children, and your childrens’ children would not suffer like you did?

There is this article I read about William Wallace, yes, the guy from Braveheart, Mel Gibson..
Following the trial, on 23 August 1305, Wallace was taken from the hall, stripped naked and dragged through the city at the heels of a horse to Smooth Field. He was drawn, hanged and quartered — strangled by hanging but released while still alive, emasculated, eviscerated and his bowels burnt before him, beheaded, then cut into four parts — at the Elms in Smithfield. His preserved head was placed on a pike atop London Bridge. It was later joined by the heads of his brother, John, and Simon Fraser. His limbs were displayed, separately, in Newcastle, Berwick, Stirling, and Aberdeen.

I don’t think I’m strong enough.. must be scary for him. He must have suffered, BIG TIME!!!
But think.. he stood his ground.. Protecting his belief, preserving it at whatever cause.. Could we be like him?
Could I be like him? Protecting my belief at whatever cause? Just think, what would become of us if we give up whatever little hope we have for that one instance?
We would not be here…

NOTHING IS TOO TRIVIAL

TO FREEDOM…

No comments: