August 15, 2007

I am Proud to be MALAYSIAN

I have an interesting story to tell you.

It happened yesterday at a restaurant.
It was in the afternoon, I went to buy lunch for the family..(I can’t be bothered to cook… *smile*) anyway, while I was looking thru the variety of food and choices that I had to make, there’s this beautiful Chinese lady (I think she’s my age. bummer..) she started a conversation with me..(must be because of my child smiling at her.. I think)

Hai!! You selalu beli lauk sini ke?

Ada jugak..

Berapa umur anak you?

Baru 2 setengah..*senyum sopan*

Clever girl..

You pernah try rendang ayam dia? *sambil menceduk beberapa ketul ayam*


At this time, she was practically drooling at the food… hahaa!!!!..
Mind you, the food do look tasty, with all the spices…lovely!!..

This is the best rendang ayam I’ve ever had!!

Nampak pun sedap (I answered)

Semua lauk kedai ni, I suka!! Kalau datang lagi awal, lagi banyak choices kita.

Anyway, its not that expensive..

She reminds me off a Nyonya Melaka.. they love spicy foods…
don’t you just love them?
Especially the older generation of Baba Nyonya.. they can really swear!!!

I miss Melaka!!!
I studied there for 3 and a half years.
It was the best years of my life!!!

This particular incident reminds me of a friend, also a Chinese, from Penang.
He eats everything!! Especially spicy foods!
His favourite, curry!! Fish curry!!
Mind you, Malaysian curry is not the same as the curry you find in other places…
Malaysian curry has the aroma off all the authentic spices…aahh!!! Lovely!!!
It is really spicy!!!

I am proud to be a MALAYSIAN…… we share everything!!! food, movies everything…

p/s note to fellow Malaysian;

Sivaji, the Boss, amacam? berani?

No comments: