July 18, 2007

Why do you do this to me?

It has been almost 10days since my last musings. I’m sorry.. I know its not an excuse but I’ve been really occupied. Some may think that what I do is trivial but Nothing is Trivial!

A few days back my agent (an insurance agent) called me up. It has been awhile since she called me, a year actually. Shouldn’t agents call you up often? Even if its just a social call? Hmmm???!!!… anyway, she was surprised when she knew that I’m no longer working, a stay-at-home mother.. Maybe I didn’t tell her.. Maybe she should have called me more often!!!..

I was quite offended when she said “Why?”

She could have asked, “How’s the children”, “How’s life”, “Did anything interesting recently?” or at least fill me in with the latest gossip.

No! she didn’t do any of that.

Do you know the feeling of a bad after-taste that lingers in your tongue? That was how I felt after talking to her.

Did I do something wrong by NOT working?
Everybody seems to think so ...?

I shouldn’t have picked up the phone!!!!.....
I have to be more careful after this.

No comments: