June 28, 2007

To Call or Not to Call ???

I like to think that I am a good daughter
but somehow the other Joarys beat me to it.
I, somehow always end up being the stubborn one.
I wonder why. Is it because I never to see
eye to eye with the clansmen or is it because of something else?

So, as a "good" daughter, I would give the matriarch a call every
other day. Just to ask her how she is, is she eating well, what
are her plans for the day..(now, isn't that what a good daughter should do?).

At the end of every conversation
(well, most of my conversations with her anyway),
the matriarch would give some advice.
Some I find useful and some...cant find the words for it!

Why is it, good advice are hard to come by?
Is it because, we choose who we want to listen to?
Whatever happens to Instinct? Inner-self? Follow what your heart says?

You know, the thing about mothers is their advice ARE REAL
and it slaps right at your face.
And because of that cruel reality fact, we choose not to listen to them.

Allah has made mothers like that; Tough, Cunning and Beautiful.

And so my question is this, should I call my mother tomorrow?

No comments: