June 14, 2007

The animal instinct in me..

Aahh!!! rain...What a beautiful phenomenon.

Ironic isn't it? The rain can be your friend
or your worst enemy. Today, the rain is my
friend. What i love most about the rain is
that it actually does the work of cleaning
the earth, the ground that we walk on. It
washes up the clogged drain, it also gives life back
to the withered plants, plants that are waiting to fall off..
Another thing i love about the rain is the
smell..have you ever noticed that there is a
smell when the rain stops?.. Yes, the smell
of freshness followed by the cool breeze...
aahh!!! isn't Allah's creation beautiful?

It was raining heavily today, in the late
afternoon. The girls were sound asleep. At
last, quality time for myself. I made a good
cuppa coffee (nescafe actually) and sat by
the window enjoying the rain and all its
glory when suddenly, i felt the hair at the
back of my neck stood up. My head
automatically turned to look at the girls and
there she was, standing in her crib, staring
intensely at me, evaluating, calculating,
waiting for my next move. The atmosphere
turned hush. I could feel the breeze from the
window blowing to my ears.. Amazing!!

What should i do? What would be the wisest
thing to do? At that instance, my ego and
myself was having the biggest fight ever!! My
ego wants me to continue enjoying my coffee
alone but the "animal instinct" in me wants
me to go to her and pick her up and enjoy the
weather together..

It is sometimes hard to be a good mother.
Are you strong enough?

No comments: