January 24, 2009

Is this Insomnia...

I think I may be suffering from insomnia (a mild one, I hope..)
What is Insomnia, actually?..
Isn't it a condition where you find it difficult to fall asleep?
During the night especially?
What about during the day?
If you feel tired during the day but you can't seem to fall asleep then,
is that also insomnia?

bummer!!...

I actually been having this sleeping problem for a few weeks now
and it is now catching up to me..
I am sleepy during the day especially around 11am to noon and once the clock strike 12:01, like a switch, I am no longer sleepy!! Often, I try to force myself to have a quick nap at around 3pm-4pm but, it never works!! I don't feel sleepy at all. If I force myself too hard, I will get a massive headache later on.. I find this predicament quite scary actually..don't you? Recently on Tuesday, I manage to fall asleep at around 3:30pm. It was the only compensation sleep I had through out this whole week.

It is now 12:45 midnite & in 15minutes it's 1:00 o'clock in the morning, I am so wide awake!!!.. I think, I may, probably, perhaps fall asleep at around 3:00 o'clock in the morning (like yesterday!!...)

hhmm...
Where can I find the cure?

A friend suggested that I go and seek professional help aka the doctor. But then they'll prescribe me with medications and in the long run, I will no longer experience the joy of falling asleep, falling into a deep, peaceful and beautiful sleep.. I don't want to loose that.

Sleeping is one of my pleasures of life. I enjoy sleeping very much..
I am famous for being the easiest person to fall asleep. I can sleep in any condition at any place...

Is this what happens to a person who will turn 40 in 3 years time?...
If that is the case, I don't want to turn 40...

No comments: